Diamond Courses | Diamond Education | Study Diamond Grading
The Corlia Roberts Diamond Course will equip you the student to apply the learned information on diamond grading, sorting, evaluation and pricing raw un polished rough diamonds.
After completion of the Rough Diamond Class, the student will be qualified to analyze, distinguish categorize,
appraise, calculate and debate and how color, imperfection, shape and proportions affect the value of gemstones.
Information learned from this course will include, use of a loupe the correctly way, inspect gem and near gem diamond, Research the different quality shapes color sizing and sieving, identification of what gemstones are Sawable, Makable and Boart with its qualities and colours, analyze the Rapaport Diamond Price List to appraise and calculate value, Moissanite identification.
The student will be able on completion to read and compare lab reports of reputable internationally recognised laboratories reports and certificates. GIA reports (Gemological Institute of America),EGL (European Gemological Laboratory) HRD Antwerp Grading.
Corlia Roberts Diamond Course Tuition Fees:
ZAR / R11500.00 / USD $1200.00 Next Course January 08, 2017
- A 50% registration deposit fee is payable.
Want to become a more confident buyer, diamond grader, diamond cutter or Graduate Gemologist ? Contact Corlia on +27739990999
Planning on starting a new career or taking the next step in your journey, Corlia Roberts Diamond Education is an internationally recognized leader in training and professional development in gems and jewellery.
Why should I do the Rough grading or diamond cutting and polishing course?
Diamond manufacturing and buying are not very easy to navigate through without any experience, because transparency is not available in this industry, and you’ll have very little information to work off.
How do you know if you have found a diamond?
What does a diamond in the rough look like?
How can you tell a real diamond from a fake?
How much is a 1 carat uncut diamond worth?
Book for a lesson in Rough Diamonds and get all the answers to you questions now.
The College based in Johannesburg offers a comprehensive diamond course, aimed “especially for those striving for a career in diamonds and jewellery hoping to be both recognised and treated as professionals”.
The courses will benefit countless people, including “sales associates, managers, owners, buyers, manufacturer’s sales representatives, pawnbrokers, appraisers, wholesalers, designers, gem lab personnel, and anybody that is interested in becoming a diamond broker or wanting to earn extra money.”
Diamond Course, Enrolling for a course.
International Students: Your Passport Number will be required for a visa invitation for certain countries
South African Citizens: Proof of citizenship, RSA ID will suffice,
Fill out the online registration form for more information or to enroll into a course.
Find out more about our Graduate Diamonds Program
5 day diamond course includes the following sections, Polished Diamond and Diamond Grading.
- Formation of diamond, crystals and crystallography properties.
- De Beers group and the DTC.
- The Diamond Producers Association (DPA). The founding members – ALROSA, De Beers, Rio Tinto, Dominion Diamond Corporation, Lucara Diamond Corporation, Petra Diamonds Ltd, and Gem Diamonds Ltd
- Famous and rare diamonds
- Diamond polishing history overview, facets of round brilliant cut diamonds,
stages of polishing a round brilliant cut, fancy-shaped diamonds
- Tools required by professional jewelers, use of a loupe when examining
- Clarity, the importance of plotting, clarity comments and symbols
- Finish and symmetry, simulants, weight estimation, fracture filling and color enhancement
- Reading consultations and certificates
10 day training course includes the following sections,Rough Diamond Grading, Un-polished.
- How to use a loupe correctly, Gem and near gem, Different quality shapes colour sizing and sieving, Great precision of what is SAWABLE, MAKEABLES, MACCLES, CLIVAGE, REJECTIONS, FLATS and BOART with its qualities and colours.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List, And the international Rapaport diamond price structure, How to look for and identify the grain in a sawed (four point) diamond, How to look for and identify the crystal symmetry, axis, plane, form and habit of diamond crystals, Moissanite identification, The study of impurity centres in rough diamond crystals, their cause and effect.
- How to select diamonds for fancy shapes, determining their ultimate form when in the rough, How to determine colour in diamonds, both natural and artificial, and its effect on buying and selling, How to select rough diamonds for purity, colour, size, shape and unusual qualities.
- How to determine whether a whole raw diamond is to be cleaved, sawed or remain whole, The process used in cutting and shaping elliptical diamonds such as, ovals, marquises pear shaped diamonds, Classification of rough gems and industrial diamonds.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List and the international diamond price structure, Moissanite identification,Reading your GIA reports (Gemological Institute of America)How to determine table, crown angle, pavilion and depth : Diamond grading systehysical and optical properties: how to clarity grade.
- How to plot clarity characteristics
Diamond Education Courses on offer:
|A discount for group training of more than four students may be negotiated. **50% of the full diamond course fee must be paid in order to receive register and the final 50% must be paid before the commencement of the course.|