Call now for a Diamond Course or more info +2773 9990999 / +27 (0) 610078100.
5 day diamond course includes the following sections, Polished Diamond and Diamond Grading.
- Formation of diamond, crystals and crystallography properties.
- De Beers group and the DTC.
- Famous and rare diamonds
- Diamond polishing history overview, facets of round brilliant cut diamonds,
stages of polishing a round brilliant cut, fancy-shaped diamonds
- Tools required by professional jewelers, use of a loupe when examining
- Clarity, the importance of plotting, clarity comments and symbols
- Finish and symmetry, simulants, weight estimation, fracture filling and color enhancement
- Reading consultations and certificates
10 day training course includes the following sections,Rough Diamond Grading, Un-polished.
- How to use a loupe correctly, Gem and near gem, Different quality shapes colour sizing and sieving, Great precision of what is SAWABLE, MAKEABLES, MACCLES, CLIVAGE, REJECTIONS, FLATS and BOART with its qualities and colours.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List, And the international Rapaport diamond price structure, How to look for and identify the grain in a sawed (four point) diamond, How to look for and identify the crystal symmetry, axis, plane, form and habit of diamond crystals, Moissanite identification, The study of impurity centres in rough diamond crystals, their cause and effect.
- How to select diamonds for fancy shapes, determining their ultimate form when in the rough, How to determine colour in diamonds, both natural and artificial, and its effect on buying and selling, How to select rough diamonds for purity, colour, size, shape and unusual qualities.
- How to determine whether a whole raw diamond is to be cleaved, sawed or remain whole, The process used in cutting and shaping elliptical diamonds such as , ovals,marquises pear shaped diamonds, Classification of rough gems and industrial diamonds.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List and the international diamond price structure, Moissanite identification,Reading your GIA reports (Gemological Institute of America)How to determine table, crown angle, pavilion and depthDiamond grading systehysical and optical properties: how to clarity grade.
- How to plot clarity characteristics
The College of Diamond Education is made up of the School of Diamond Education in the field of Gemology and Diamonds
||Johannesburg (May 02, 2017)
Grading and Gold**
|USD $750.00 /ZAR R8000.00
|Rough Diamond Grading and Evaluation**
|USD $1000.00 / ZAR 10500.00
|Cutting and Polishing**
||USD $3000.00 / ZAR 42000.00
||USD $1500.00 / ZAR 18500.00
|A discount for group training of more than four students may be negotiated. **50% of the full diamond course fee must be paid in order to receive register and the final 50% must be paid before the commencement of the course.
Want to contact the school?
Here are a few ways to get in touch with us.
(Please feel free to get in touch via the form below, we will get back to you as soon as possible.)