To prepare individuals for mining companies or private students who want to work as sorters or evaluators for large mining companies like MIBA or ENDIAMA.
- Focus on types of industrial diamonds and near gems
- Management of large shipments
- How to identify diamonds
- Sieving and grading sizes
- Looking at RAP sheet for larger stones (example: stones larger than 20 carats rough and Rap+6Ct)
- How to evaluate rough stone with fluorescence
- Business principles in industry
- Buying and selling and legalities (half day)
- Grading of near gems. (Coated and frosted)
- How to use sieves
- Identification of clouded stone
- How to draw up a manifest for large consignment of diamond.
- South African citizen: R15000
- A 50% registration deposit fee is payable
- Although these prices are current, The Corlia Roberts Diamond Education College reserves the rights to change prices without prior notice.
- The Rough Graduate Program is only available to (1)Foreign passport holders OR (2)South African Citizens who are holders of a Diamond Beneficiation or Diamond Dealers Licence from the The South African Diamond & Precious Metals Regulator (SADPMR)
- Each course is limited to a maximum of 4 (Four) students. Corlia can be contacted on 2782 965-7740