Corlia Roberts Academy “Jewellery Manufacture and Design Course”
The entrepreneurial jewellery manufacture and design course is designed to bring out the individual’s ultimate manufacture and creativity skills.
Learn the skills to manufacture and design jewellery with ability and confidence.
The course covers the basics and complexities of manufacture and design of jewellery, along with cost estimations.
Through our one-one-one practical course, students are taught to manufacture and express their creativity by designing a portfolio of their own styles of jewellery.
(Duration: 1 Month Full Time) (Monday – Fridays)
The participants are required to have a significant commitment both personally and financially.
The total cost amounts to ZAR 32500.00 / USD 2200,00 payable as follows:
- 1st payment: 50% on the acceptance of the application;
- 2nd payment: balance prior to commencement of the course
If the full amount is paid on enrollment a 10% discount may be taken.
Costs include manufacture and study materials.
Cost / Fee ZAR 32500.00 / USD 2200.00
Accommodation Self Catering R9000.00 for the month
To prepare the student to become proficient in every technique involved in the manufacture and design of Jewellery
- History of jewellery (don’t worry its only brief and actually quite interesting)
- Considerations when designing various types of jewellery
- How to manipulate and treat various materials
- The equipment and supplies you’ll need to create various pieces and how to use these safely
- How to gain inspiration and follow a design process to turn your ideas from sketches to finished pieces
- How to go about outsourcing and appointing contract manufactures
- How to set up your business, including fulfilling orders and selling your designs in a variety of ways (including wholesale, Jewellery shows, and setting up a website and online shop)
- How to gain employment in the industry
- Creating bespoke pieces of jewellery to your clients needs
- Cost calculation
- Sourcing, grading and pricing of diamonds and colored stones
Possible Careers in Jewellery Manufacture & Design
- Jewellery manufacturer production manager
- Workshop manager for a jewellery manufacturer
- Jewellery designer in a jewellery studio
- Sales manager in the jewellery retail industry
- Design or manufacture theatre or costume jewellery
- Become a buyer for large jewellery chain stores
- Evaluate jewellery items
- Repair jewellery items
- Manage a design boutique/studio
- Become an entrepreneur and start you own jewellery design and manufacture business
The aim of this course is to offer the student the entrepreneurial tools to startup in the manufacture of jewellery.
Our jewellery manufacture and design course is enjoyable, you will make money from it, and the start-up costs are very low. Turn it into a full-time career, this course will aid your journey and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Contribute to the development of the local jewellery industry within the global context and enroll today
Certificate in Jewellery Design and Manufacture
On successful completion of the course, students will receive a Corlia Roberts Institute of Diamonds Completion certificate,which “will undoubtedly open doors within the Jewellery industry.