Interested in a Diamond Course – Rough diamond, Diamond Grading, Cutting, processing or polishing diamonds ? Join us for an interactive training course, One-on-one coaching, guiding you through the steps to complete knowledge of the diamond business. Call now to attend one of our Diamond Courses +2773 9990999
3 day diamond course includes the following sections, Polished Diamond and Diamond Grading.
- Formation of diamond, crystals and crystallography properties.
- De Beers group and the DTC.
- The Diamond Producers Association (DPA). The founding members – ALROSA, De Beers, Rio Tinto, Dominion Diamond Corporation, Lucara Diamond Corporation, Petra Diamonds Ltd, and Gem Diamonds Ltd
- Famous and rare diamonds
- Diamond polishing history overview, facets of round brilliant cut diamonds,
stages of polishing a round brilliant cut, fancy-shaped diamonds
- Tools required by professional jewelers, use of a loupe when examining
- Clarity, the importance of plotting, clarity comments and symbols
- Finish and symmetry, simulants, weight estimation, fracture filling and color enhancement
- Reading consultations and certificates
5 day training course includes the following sections,Rough Diamond Grading, Un-cut / Un-polished.
- How to use a loupe correctly, Gem and near gem, Different quality shapes colour sizing and sieving, Great precision of what is SAWABLE, MAKEABLES, MACCLES, CLIVAGE, REJECTIONS, FLATS and BOART with its qualities and colours.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List, And the international Rapaport diamond price structure, How to look for and identify the grain in a sawed (four point) diamond, How to look for and identify the crystal symmetry, axis, plane, form and habit of diamond crystals, Moissanite identification, The study of impurity centres in rough diamond crystals, their cause and effect.
- How to select diamonds for fancy shapes, determining their ultimate form when in the rough, How to determine colour in diamonds, both natural and artificial, and its effect on buying and selling, How to select rough diamonds for purity, colour, size, shape and unusual qualities.
- How to determine whether a whole raw diamond is to be cleaved, sawed or remain whole, The process used in cutting and shaping elliptical diamonds such as , ovals,marquises pear shaped diamonds, Classification of rough gems and industrial diamonds.
- How to use the Rapaport Diamond Price List and the international diamond price structure, Moissanite identification,Reading your GIA reports (Gemological Institute of America)How to determine table, crown angle, pavilion and depthDiamond grading systehysical and optical properties: how to clarity grade.
- How to plot clarity characteristics
|COURSE PRICING EFFECTIVE MAY 2021
|A discount for group training of more than four students may be negotiated. **50% of the full diamond course fee must be paid in order to receive register and the final 50% must be paid before the commencement of the course.
Enroll below for a course in Diamonds ?
We are looking forward to teaching you all about diamonds.
FAQ: Do I receive a certificate of completion when I finish the diamond course? Once you have successfully completed the exam you will receive a diamond certificate.
Attend our life changing diamond course in 2020 with the knowledge and confidence that is needed to succeed in today’s competitive diamond industry. #educationisforever
For general information about our training courses including registration, please contact: Evan Roberts Tel +27739990999