Rough Diamond Evaluation Advanced Course
A 2-DAY PRACTICAL SESSION IN ANALYZING THE GRADE AND VALUE OF ROUGH DIAMONDS
This Rough Diamond Evaluation course allows the individual to experience how we grade and ultimately value the rough or uncut diamond.
- The sessions are tailored around the individual upon meeting them.
- Our Rough Diamond Experts will be your Lecturers for the duration of your sessions.
- These sessions are a unique opportunity to gain invaluable skills and knowledge through our one-on-one teaching experience.
- After completing the sessions you will receive an internationally recognized certificate in Rough Diamond Evaluation & Grading.
- Our Lecturers will be available on WhatsApp for further advice and mentoring along your Diamond Journey.
- The Diamond Session Studios is located in the beautiful coastal town of Ramsgate along the South Coast of Kwazulu-Natal.
- Lifetime Access to our Digital Campus
- Self-Paced e-learning
- Unlimited Online Campus Hours
- Unlimited Access to Digital Content
- Rough Diamond Grading & Evaluation Book.
- Assistance with Applying for a Diamond Dealer License.
- Contact the CR Team
Students will learn to grade and value individual rough diamonds & parcels
- LEARN HOW TO GRADE BOTH ROUGH AND POLISHED DIAMONDS BASED ON THE 4C’S.
- LEARN HOW TO CORRECTLY USE A GEM LOUPE TO IDENTIFY INCLUSIONS AND IMPURITIES.
- DIAMOND CRYSTAL GROWTH.
- PHYSICAL AND OPTICAL PROPERTIES.
- DIAMOND ORIGIN, MINING, DIAMOND EXTRACTION, ORE RECOVERY, KIMBERLITE SURVEYING AND DIAMOND DEPOSITS.
- HOW TO ANALYZE ROUGH SHAPE AND MODEL.
- HOW TO TEST BETWEEN FAKE AND REAL DIAMONDS.
- HOW TO SORT DIAMONDS INTO DIFFERENT QUALITIES AND CATEGORIES.
- UNDERSTANDING OF FLOURESCENCE AND HOW IT AFFECTS THE VALUE.
- UNDERSTANDING OF THE CUTTING AND POLISHING PROCESS.
- LEARN ABOUT DIAMOND EQUIPMENT SUCH AS THE SARINE AND OGI SYSTEMS, COLORIMETER AND MICROSCOPE.
- THE HISTORY OF THE DIAMOND INDUSTRY.
- THE ENTIRE VALUE CHAIN AND KEY INDUSTRY LEADERS AND DIAMOND BOURSES.
- HOW TO IMPORT AND EXPORT BOTH POLISHED AND ROUGH PARCELS.
- KIMBERLEY PROCESS CERTIFICATION.
- DIAMOND LICENSES.
- HOW TO PRICE BOTH POLISHED AND ROUGH DIAMONDS USING THE RAPAPORT AND IDEX PRICE LISTS.
- LEARN HOW TO BUY AND SELL FROM DEALERS, TENDER HOUSES AND INTERNATIONAL TRADERS.
- Basic understanding of English
- Valid proof of ID / Passport
- Cellphone / Laptop
- Internet or Data Access
- R15,000 ZAR / Full Package
- R9,000 ZAR / Digital Campus (Only)
- Students must arrange their own transport and accommodation
- Bookings are essential because limited seats are available
- Practical Sessions must be pre – booked
Our Institute is recognized by the South African Diamond and Precious Metals Regulator (SADPMR)